Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ahhh it's Saturday morning

Photobucket

And I am feeling good! Sorry for the lack of posts from me this week. I was busy "studying" for my semester exams but my partner Vick really held it down. I tip my hat to her. But yesterday I got my hair retwisted & I walked the mall. Although I didn't buy anything, I didn't walk out empty handed. I paid a visit to Barnes & Nobles, got my usual strawberry & creme frap from Starbucks & I sat down & read a couple of magazines. Actually I only read one but I looked at many. But most important of all I got some blog ideas. I read the interview Vibe did with Kanye & I must say that it is one of the best I have ever read. Kanye always catches flack from the media for being arrogant, obnoxious, & just a straight up cry baby. I feel bad for him sometimes. But his interview was filled with so much inspiration. When I hear this guy speak I always take something away from it. Meaning, I absorb what he says & try to apply it to my life.
This part of the interview stood out to me:

"I'd rather have 20,000 die-hard fans that really understand & accept you as a person and a human being and an artist than to have 100,000 fly-by-night fans that only like you because you have a hit record out."

I can really relate to what this guy said. Not in the aspect of me having fans but in the aspect of me having friends. I would prefer a foundation of a few supportive friends than be surrounded by a bunch of some timers. All I'm saying people is love the people who love you & forget about the extras. With that being said, go get your cheese & crackers, pull up a chair & prepare to be entertained. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment